Monday, January 26, 2009

L'Ultima Setola

It's heeeee-rrrreee!!

My custom boar brush from Rodd (of knotty badger fame--check his work out at The Shave Den store) using a knot from an Omega professional boar brush, donated by Reformation Student, also a member at TSD.
Check this out:


Gorgeous! The handle is good old American Oak--it's a common wood, for a common animal--but it's beautiful! Rodd's finish brings out a lovely golden sheen from the wood, and I wish you could see it in the light...there's almost a 3d effect.

I wanted something with a narrow waist and a double ring up near the knot--kind of a class knob handle design. Rodd took my ideas for the design and turned them into a big, ergonomic beauty. I've used it twice now, and it is one of the best handles I've used. It feels great in the hand, it looks great, and of course with that Omega knot it lathers great.

Made. Of. Win.

No comments: