Saturday, January 16, 2010

Review! And stuff...

Well, I figure it's about time for this...

A good friend over in the far off US sent me a tub of this very nice cream from San Francisco, Nancy Boy Replenishing.

INGREDIENTS: Purified water, potassium myristate (from natural vegetable oils), sodium stearate (from natural vegetable oils), glycerin, cocos nucifera oil (from coconuts), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, avocado oil, pistacia vera seed oil, natural cucumber hydrosol, essential oils, allantoin (from comfrey plant), bitter orange flower extract, cucumber extract, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), methyl gluceth-20 (from corn), polyquaternium-7, methylparaben (anti-microbial), hydroxyethylcellulose (natural stabilizer), propylparaben (anti-microbial).

Now, the good folks at Nancy Boy describe this stuff as all kinds of good for your skin, and I think it is. I've tried it on a few shaves and it REALLY does do wonders for your skin. Moisturizing, revitalizing, soothing...Oh yes. But.

But but but.

It smells like Tzatziki.

What's worse, rather than whipping up to a nice, lathery lather, it makes a thicker, slicker creamier texture.

Like Tzatziki.

So, ok, I understand that it's probably the cucumber oil. They put it in to help with the skin properties, and it really does seem to do some good. And the shaves I've gotten form it are great, no doubt. Smooth, clean, and oh so gentle...faultless, really. But every time I slather it on my face, I keep hearing "Zorba the Greek" and start wanting to shout "Shut that bloody bouzouki up!"

But of course, I'm one who delights in all manifestations of the terpsichorean muse.

So it's a good cream. A GREAT cream, if you can get past the condimentine nature of it. Give it a try at least.

************

And as for last weekend, of course I killed most of it on FF13, but I did manage to get in some honing...More on that later.

But one thing I MUST share...I have more Iwasaki razors!!!! Check out Eastern Smooth: The Store!

Also, regarding Zorba the greek: HERE is something to see...

OPA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Real cool you're able to get a tub of Nancy Boy all the way in Japan. Too bad you picked up the Replenishing scent (cucumber), instead of Signature (lavender, peppermint, and rosemary). Cheers! -Jessie