Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Rules of the House

I haven't said this before, because I didn't have to, but here it is:

This is my house. My blog, my words. I WANT you to read, I want you to comment, but there are some rules.

1. If you post a comment that contains even a HINT of disrespect to ANY group of people, be they a gender, race, family, or any of these random artificial traits that people use to mark people they don't like, I WILL DELETE IT.

2. If you post a comment that is not at all related to the post you're commenting on, I WILL DELETE IT.

3. If you piss me off with your comment for any reason, I WILL DELETE IT.

There is only one arbiter of these rules. Me. It may sound arrogant, but I just spent thirty minutes trying to decide how to reply to a comment that ruined my morning because I felt it was racist and offensive, and you know what? I shouldn't have to do that. So in the future, if your comment mysteriously disappears, then you know what happened.

Oh, and don't even THINK of mentioning freedom of speech--if you think it applies here, you are too ignorant to post anyway.

If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty pissed off right now.