Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tomorrow's The Big Day

I'm off to Niigata tomorrow.

My tickets are bought and I've got a pick^up arranged at the station, so it's all set.

I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope to learn a lot in the limited time I have with Iwasaki-san and Mizuochi-san. I will, of course, post what I can here, when I get back.

However, for those with the inclination, I plan to live tweet as much as I can, and indeed if anyone has any questions while I'm in Niigata, that would be a good way to ask.

So if you're on twitter, follow me @EasternSmooth and I hope I can get something interesting on there for you.

5 comments:

mainaman said...

Jim,
I would like to find out what stones they use for honing razors. Nakamura-San informed us they keep the stones out of the shop, but may be you will be lucky to see them and take a few pics?

Thanks

JimR said...

Be assureed I'll be asking about stones. Nakamura told me that all the honing is done by Mizoichi-san now, and he's picking me up at the train station so I'll have a chance to ask him right away.

I'm also taking along a couple of stones of my own to see how they go.

Best,
Jim

Nikolay said...

Bon voyage!

Get the most out of your trip.

Bayamontate said...

Have a safe trip, looking forward to your reports.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your trip,Jim!