Friday, August 7, 2009

The View From Japan: Not Really a Shave Soap

Well, you can't win them all...

I mentioned this "shave soap" before, but I figured I might as well let you know just what went down on the shave.

And finally, there's a new soap: Narcissist for Men Shaving and Facial soap

I gave this one as much as I could. Almost three shaves, 4 or 5 practice lathers...and it was all the same. Utter failure.

I tried, I really did...I used all kinds of different water ratios, time, even tried a badger brush. But this soap simply can't produce a stable lather. On the brush, the lather is thick and creamy. The scent is fresh and soapy, with a touch of cedarwood, and it SHOULD have made for a great shave, but once the lather hit my face, it fizzled away to nothing. A thick layer of sticky soap that did nothing to help your shave. It's kind of lubricating, but so is snot. The shaves I tried were hardly worthy of the name. Uncomfortable, unenjoyable, and unhappy.

Soooo...yeah, I can't even believe they market this as shaving soap. *sigh*

No comments: