Monday, August 17, 2009

Completely out of control...

Yeah, I don't even know what to say. These all came this weekend...One big lot, and three individual razors.


This is a tiny little Filarmonica Doble Temple Inox...a sweet litte 4/8 stainless steel blade in some ugly scales.


A Herder...this is a German brand I've been hungry for, and it's a big one, too...Looking forward to restoring it!


Two Feather replaceable blade straights--been wanting to try one out for a while, now I have two!


This is a Japanese made ABC razor...it has a big, beefy blade and two tone silver/blue pearlescent scales. Pretty sweet...


A Filarmonica 14 Sub Cero (Cryo-treated steel, very hard apparently...).


This is a Japanese made razor--again, a nice beefy blade, with some scale damage but a good blade in her.


This is the balde of a Filarmonica 14 Inox. A stainless version of the Sub Cero seen above, with green scales instead of brown. This is the last of the big lot...


This one is a vintage Dovo, made in the 50s or 60s, with GORGEOUS cracked ice scales and a history of pure beauty...I hope to bring a little of that elegance back.


Here's a Burrell Top Flight, an American Razor made in New York State...Again, there is a lot of work here, but I think it will be worth it.


And another brand I've been really looking for, a Case Red Imp wedge. This has seen some polish already, and just needs some finishing up and honing.

There is a lot of restoration to be done, but I enjoy that, and when I think about it--there is a lot of hours of entertainment here! And, all of these razors together still cost less than the Revisor.

Oh man. I have WAY TOO MANY RAZORS.

See anything you like? Make me an offer. jimsama (at) gmail (dot) com.

Seriously.

3 comments:

Luxlover said...

Congratulations! What a haul. I really like that Filly Cyro.
A real nice variety of interesting razors.
You will take before and after photos when you have cleaned them up and put an edge on.
Best wishes,

Steve from NJ

KeenEdge said...

This bunch is much nicer than the lot I purchased off ebay. I started working on my first restoration last night a "Presto." Looking forward to seeing your before and after pics.
Kent

JimR said...

Thanks Steve, the big Fillies are the reason I bought this lot...and the Herder, of course.

I'm working on rehoning the ABC and the Rongin right now, and they are driving. Me. NUTS. I can't get an edge to save my life...most frustrating honing ever.

Kent, lots are often a crapshoot...but this one turned out ok. And like I said, restoration is a good time! Good luck on yours.