Monday, March 2, 2009

Review Time! J. M. Fraser's Shaving Cream

This one was a pleasant surprise from those crazy Canucks...


As I may have mentioned before, I got a sample of this cream from Da Great White North in a trade, and then I got a nice full jar of the Oriental Spice scent, and let me tell you, I will do it again. I believe that, ounce for ounce, this might very well be the best vaule cream on the market. You can get a POUND of this stuff for $13 Canadian...A POUND!!! "But Surely..." you say "But surely, for that pittance this must be one of those wimpy little underperformers like Williams or that crap sassafrass soap you got off Fleabay!"

And I would give you a resounding "HAH! Fie upon thee! This cream is ALL THAT!"

Also, don't call me Shirley.

The original scent, a fresh, perfectly acceptable lemon lime, is a light cream that is just begging to whip up a great lather. A little water, a little whipping, and BOOOM, great shaving lather. It's slick and smooth--it isn't, perhaps, the most cushioney or protective, but it is pretty gosh darned good. The Oriental Spice (of legend) is not quite as easy to lather. It takes a bit more water and a bit more work, but it seemed to me to offer a touch more protection that the original. Why this might be I have no idea...maybe it's related to the fact that it's twice the price (that is, roughly the same price tag, but half the product)? Whatever the case may be, it's worth every looney...and then some.

Good creams, get them.

No comments: