Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Blue Dabadee...

Wilkinson Sword, oh ye devils...hopping on the old multi-blade, foaming goo bandwagon. But you've got a secret, don't you? A good old fashioned secret...

The Wilkinson Sword is an English arm of the Energizer/Schick empire, which makes it all the more interesting to me that they are the producers of this little beauty...


The shavestick inside that box is as blue as the box, and it makes me glad. Smearing that stuff all over your face every morning is just plain fun. And then, of course, there's the shave it gives.

The scent is a classy kind of vague semi-fougere, nothing exceptional but somehow pleasing. The lather loses its blue tint fairly quickly, but it comes up smooth and clean, and full of slick cushion. It was a lovely shave, really, and I enjoyed it for several days.

What really stands out on this one, though, is the skin care. It's a very soothing soap, and the glycerin and the lanolin in there really make your skin feel great. I found the stick to be overall a grand shave, and at the price really hard to beat.



That's the ingredient list of a fine soap, and one I'll be hunting up more of...

2 comments:

lanolite said...

Oooh -- why didn't someone mention this has lanolin before? I'll have to get some!

JimR said...

Yeah, it's worth it--good stuff. Just make sure you leave me some! I have to fill up the ol' PayPal account and get to shopping.

Thanks for reading, by the way!