Sunday, November 16, 2008

Consider your Date Upped.

So, I realize I have been remiss in my blogging recently. I've been car shopping, and man, car shopping in Japanese takes it out of you.
I do have things to share, though...


First, I realize I never updated you on The Gentlemans [sic] Refinery. First, Any company that doesn't proofread its own name gets one strike from the get go. It took me a while to actually realize it wasn't just the little pamphlet they sent me...The actual company name is wrong.
Ouch.

As for the products....I gave the shaving cream, preshave oil and AS Balm three shaves. Ok, well, the cream got 2.5. And they were promptly pitched. The shaves were ok...at best. The cream left my face feeling dry, and the AS Balm offered little to no soothing properties in the long run. The moisturizer is good, though, still using it. But for the prices these guys charge... $40 for the Balm? Nope. Go to The Shave Den and get some Aftershave Milk instead. MUCH better performance, for less than half the price. And you can choose your scent (I recommend Mayan Gold, samples are available)!


-------------------

The Van Der Hagen stick gave me fantastic shaves for a good week. Then I realized how quickly it was disappearing and discovered the benefits of the expensive soaps. They last FOREVER. Seriously. My puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat has lasted me for months and the only change in size is where I broke off a chunk to give to a friend. So, there you go. The money does have a place...

So I have put the stick away to try some other products.

-------------------
Like this:

Valobra. Valobra Valobra Valobra. How Italian. How romantic. How smooth and moist! This is a shave stick with belly...it has a very mild understated scent (the tallow comes through, which I think is Good Stuff.) and what a shaver! It's got vitamin E and Soy Lecithin for my skin, and my skin says YES. Paired with its Paisano, my Omega boar brush, the lather is thick, rich and smooth. The shaves are close and comfortable, and the moisturizing is great. I will be using and buying again.
(Available From Giovanni at Razor and brush or Paul at Connaught Shaving.)

No comments: