Saturday, November 8, 2008

It Was a Very Good Week...

One thing about this hobby is, since you can't shave all the time, people make up for it by getting acquisitive...And I am no exception.

I got a whole lot of stuff this week.



This all came in this week, in 4 separate shipments:

WAY TOO MUCH. Four shave sticks, a brush, and blades out the ass.

What's a boy to do?

Shave, I reckon.

The most exciting thing is the Brush.

That's an Omega Professional 10083 model Boar brush (available for purchase, by the way, at Razor and Brush). Stiff and smooth, great for soaps...and smelly. WHEW. Wet pig hair...

I gave it a try this morning, lathering up some Vetiver soap from TSD. A great shave, but a little getting used to--the water control is a bit different from the badger I've been using, but this is definitely a quality tool. The handle is smooth and a bit heavier than I was expecting, as it's an injection molded plastic handle.

People say that Boar brushes are no good with creams, but I'm not sure I agree.

Here are some shots of handlathered Lider cream from Poland.

The brush:


And the Hand:



The lather was very good--it was quite thick, maybe a little dry. But slick and smooth, better than I've been getting with my little badger! I will admit, the brush itself didn't hold a large amount of lather inside it, but I think that with a little more practice this brush will be a lather monster.

And it's only $15!!

No comments: