Monday, April 27, 2009

A Fruitful Week

A major haul this week...including one sweet surprise.

I got all this stuff in the last couple of days:


Not too bad! The two Arko creams(Turkish creams, received form America), the Balea (A German cream...) and the Aqua Velva were in a grab box being passed around over at The Shave Den (hop on, there's still time!) and I am really looking forward to trying them...the Arkos are "Sensitive" and "Extra Sensitive"...I like the sound of that.

The Nivea (another German product) was purchased from Turkey (it showed up 4 days after I ordered it...FROM TURKEY. That's impressive!) based on the recommendation of my Man in Tokyo, Aleks. It better be good! ;).

The two Sweet Almond Oil soaps from Crabtree & Evelyn represent serious infringement of my "Avoid Discontinued products" guideline (let's ignore the Florena, ok?) but it was just so cheap...And it's from Australia! We're spanning the globe, here!

And then the surprise...my ever growing HAD (that's "Hone Acquisition Disorder") took hold of me and I bought a barber hone from a member as SMF without really knowing what I was buying. It turns out to be an "Its a peech" barber hone--one of the smoothest and finest barber hones ever! SWEET! I love surprises.

So, there we are. I have yet to use any of these, but it's just so much fun to have new stuff waiting for me...And of course, I'll share as soon as I get to them.

And then, there are the two Torrey straights winging their way across the sea to me, as well.

My credit card's been BUSY!

2 comments:

ChemE said...

I'm curious how you like the Arko. I find the stick to be a great performer with terrible scent, so I'm curious if the cream matches in performance with better scent. Given the cheap price I'd having a hard time not buying some if you recommend it.

JimR said...

Hey man, thanks for reading!

I'll give these creams a couple of days and give a full rundown. I did try sensitive today, and the shaves was fine--smooth and slick.

There was a small problem...by the end of the 2-pass shave, there was a distinct level of irritation; nothing serious, but not what I want in my daily shave. I'll give ti a couple more tries, but I'm reserving judgment for now. I will say, some excellent products have hurt me worse so this can't really rule it out.