Sunday, June 21, 2009

In Review: Lucido Unscented Skin Conditioner

I haven't done a review of Japanese products in a while--I'm running out, to be honest--but this one deserves some words.



This skin conditioner is part of Japanese cosmetics maker Mandom's Lucido line, a line of unscented men's skin and hair care products. While not specifically an aftershave, it does recommend use after shaving, and I think it does pretty well in that regard.

It's a semi-heavy balm type of lotion, somewhere between The Shave Den and Connaught Shaving's AS Milks in consistency. As I said, it's unscented so when you sue it, the only thing you smell is kind of a plasticy, lotiony scent. Not exactly pleasing to the nos,e but not entirely off-putting, either. I'm planning to add a nice scent...when I find some good EOs.

As for the quality of the skincare, it's actually pretty good. I've used it a few times, after good shaves and bad, and it has left me feeling really soothed and good. There is a hint of menthol, which for me means that the initial application is a bit burny...not as bad as, say, an alcohol splash on razorburn, but not pleasant. Luckily, it's very mild and very short, and it fades in a few seconds.

I like the stuff, I have to say, and I'm glad of it--it's affordable and easily obtainable and with some scent manipulation it should be just about perfect!

No comments: