Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back in the saddle again!

Ok, so things are back to normal on the vast open plains of my face.

On the recommendation of a good friend, I returned to the warm, wooly bosom of Mitchell's Wool Fat, and the lanolin did work a charm. My face feels better after last week's shenanigans, and shaving is once more a pleasure.

What's more, the very day that my last drop of that sweet, sweet TSD Aftershave milk went, I got a new shipment in. This time Old Spice Type, Bourbon Vanilla and Mayan Gold (I couldn't resist...it's just so tasty!). I wasn't sure about the Old Spice, but my wife seems to like it so there you go.

I also got in some shave soap from Susie's Bubbles--Citrus Sage with Shea Butter and Honey Almond with Goat's Milk. The scents on these soaps is something else. Sweet and fragrant....like candy. I'll let the MWF take care of me for a few more days, and then see how these guys shave. Thanks Suzie!

In other news, I am working with the famous "Swede".


No, not that one...

Gillette Super Platinums, commonly known as "Swedish Gillettes", are some of the priciest, and well loved, DE blades around. They are reputed to be smooth, sharp blades that last forever; one gentleman of note claims that he got 30 good shaves out of one--and, as most good blades give about 5-6, that is something else. I find them sharp, but smooth...hmmm. I'm not ready to give up on my yellow/green 7 O'Clocks yet.

So that's the current state of affairs. In the near future, expect an extended series of Brush reviews as I get a silvertip in a hand-carved genuine horn handle from Kimson Handicrafts in Viet Nam, and a pre-Vulfix Simpsons Duke 3 to try out. Yay!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess I was a little late on your previous post. Good to know you're back at it.

Andy said...

Yep, it's good you got over the wee hump. Swede's shouldn't be hard to find around here - I'll be glad to know I've found my use in life! LOL

JimR said...

Thank you for your concern, guys...I feel all verklemmt!

Send the swedes, Andrew...and a Wilkinson Sword bowl, and a Puck of Penhaligon's English Fern soap in a wood bowl! PROVE YOU LOVE ME!!!! ;)